Finally, another 6800, however...

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
I've finally found another Leadtek Winfast 6800 Sli ready.
Here's my problem, the one i have is a 6800gs the one being sold is a 6800 ultra. Will they still work together?

I had a nasty feeling that would be the case. In that case does anyone know where I can find a Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800 GS TDH 256MB SLI PCIE?

I have heard some where that with the newer drivers that odd cards would work... but don't quote me... I think it works on only certain mobo's though... but I have heard of odd cards going SLI

Direct from Nvidia

In order to provide optimal symmetric scaling, SLI technology requires the NVIDIA GPUs to match. For example, a GeForce 7800 GTX must be paired with another GeForce 7800 GTX. Likewise, a GeForce 6600 GT must be paired with another GeForce 6600 GT. However, using the latest Release 80 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA GPUs sold by different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor ABC can be matched with a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor XYZ.

pretty much said.. you just need the same core... and the speeds will be running at the lower graphics card i guess... i think thats how it went... not 100 % sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom