Is this PC any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogeatdog

Solid State Member
hi guys, sorry if you seen me post another thread about me buying a PC, but im looking at a range of PC's
I am only looking for a PC for gaming and performance, not video editing or anythink
Many Thanks!!

If you could just tell me how good/bad this PC would be

This is an AlienWare PC

Specs...

700 Watt Alienware® Approved Multi-GPU Power Supply

Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI Motherboard

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4600+ Processor w/ HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology

2GB DDR2 PC-6400 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 x 1024MB

1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7950 GX2 - DVI Dual Link Supported

AGEIA PhysX™ Physics Processing Unit

250 GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s, 7,200 rpm w/ 8MB Cache

16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder

:)

Thats a very good gaming PC. I checked the specs on Alienware and thats like $3k+. You can really save money by building those specs on your own. When I went on Newegg to pick those specs, it came out to about $2200. That AGEIA Physx is not necessary IMO, the 7950GX2 can pretty much handle anything on its own. Plus theres very few games that support it. If you drop the AGEIA, you can save yourself $250 right there, buy something else.

If you're getting a gaming computer, just buy the parts and build it like they said. Or buy it from me! (www.talktc.com) Also, I'd suggest overclocking a 4400+ instead of buying a 4600+. The 4400+ has twice the L2 Cache, and that makes a big difference. Just my 2 cents.

Dan

^^ nice way to advertise. The alien ware is alot of money but if you want you can visit monarchcomputers.com and see how much they are going to cost you there. Alien ware cost alot but i think you might like the price a bit better then them. If you are planning on overclockin i would do like dipique said. It well save you money.

Beast of a computer, but im afraid youre paying for the name, now its been brought by dell! Build it yourself, its more fun aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom