Somone help me out with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thanks for the help anyways, I say it was crap because quite frankly it was. Alot of people have had the same problems with that model. I'm gonna go with Abit MoBo instead it seems nice, more user friendly and alot cheaper. Thanks everyone.

erm, changing what slots the ram are in has helped me in that situation before, i know its a longshot but they, stranger thiugns have happened

Yeah I know, Believe me, I tried EVERYTHING, between 3 brains and the internet. I spent hours reading up on this thing and I've decided I really don't need to deal with Asus, their products seem to be hit or miss, if you get a bad one it's complete crap, on the opposite side of things if you get a good one they're one of the best. I'm not biased at all, I'm using an Asus motherboard right now, I just think this model or the batch of motherboards released recently is very buggy and I don't feel like dealing with tech support and all that jazz when I could just go with something cheaper that I know works.

Nope, got a video signal the first couple of times so that's not the problem, The motherboard isn't reading the processor, I'm sending it back anyway so this thread is dead I guess, thanks for the help everyone.

M733mhz said:
Nope, got a video signal the first couple of times so that's not the problem, The motherboard isn't reading the processor, I'm sending it back anyway so this thread is dead I guess, thanks for the help everyone.

Just because it worked the first time, doesn't mean it will the second time. Don't get all your hopes up for this motherboard. It most likely is the problem, but you can't be 100% sure.

No, I'm sending it back to get a refund, I'm getting the Abit motherboard, I'm done with Asus.

I would NOT recommend the Abit mobo. Many people have problems with them. Look at the Epox if you have to change. The Asus is a much better board than the Abit.

When you build a computer the first time its usually best to build it OUTSIDE the case. Only put in the CPU/Fan, mem(usually 1 stick) and Video card. No HDD or CDRW or floppy.

See if it starts and shows a pict. Than shut it down and add the HDD and then the Cdrw.

Multiple beeps are a indication of failed Hardware. Asus can be fussy with memory sometimes so try the 1 stick in different slots.

Also like said before make sure you reset the batt for the bios, there are other jumpers that look similar so make sure you moved the right jumper over 1 pin waited 10 sec and than put it back in the origional place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom