Windows XP Service Pack 2B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am in the process of doing some ordering via my distributors this evening, and i have noticed that Microsoft has released the following :-

3PK MSOEM WINDOWS XP PRO SP2b
MICROSOFT Code :- E85-04793

Product Information
* Win XP SP2b are the means by which software updates are distributed
* Contain updates for Sys reliability, program Compat, security & more
* Win XP Pro adds security & privacy, Adv recovery options, improved Ntwk connections & more to the features of Home Ed
* Work offline or access users computer remotely with ease with Wless
Ntwkg support, Config wizards, improved power Mgt & more
* Intg with Win Svr & Mgt Soln & keep the Sys current with automatic Win update

That is good that Microsoft has release a new version SP2. After having a rather productive week last week in the office with about 5 systems going out the door, I was wondering if Microsoft was going to release a new service back or not. It's nice to see that they have done this for the OEMs.

However does any one know if Windows Service Pack 2b is avalable as a seperate download as I would imagine that this would save me a lot of time hassle when having to install/re-install OS.

I dont know if this is a seperate SP or not. I do know that they have a SP2 in Beta testing for both Server 2003 and XP X64. I am in the process of testing the Server 2003 onw myself.

So to answer your question i can be sure. It isnt known at this time what their plans are with SP2b.

This is correct. They dont plan on releaseing SP3 until after Vista has gone public. If even that soon. It was originally slated to be at the same time but M$ pushed back SP3 till later. Current rumor is 2nd or 3rd quater 2007 for SP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom