Slipstreaming SP2 to MCE 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warez Monster said:
autostreamer

should be. One disk is the os and the other is extra apps, is that correct?

That sounds right - I just browsed the discs and Disc 1 looks like any normal XP Pro disc.

Disc 2 looks unnecessary actually, just MCE stuff that I dont use...

thanks for the help.

I used something called slip-stream some time ago I'd check that first. Though I can no longer find the program on google.

UA_Iron said:
it came with a SP2 disc

i dunno

mce 2005 come with 2 disc.

1. windows xp pro sp2 disc
2. add-on for media center and tablet pc

with 21 minute left in the install, it will for the second disc. 3 minute later it will ask for the first disc back.

it will have sp2 regardless. you don't need to slipstream sp2

EricB said:
mce 2005 come with 2 disc.

1. windows xp pro sp2 disc
2. add-on for media center and tablet pc

with 21 minute left in the install, it will for the second disc. 3 minute later it will ask for the first disc back.

it will have sp2 regardless. you don't need to slipstream sp2

My MCE 2005 came with 3 discs - Disc 1 and 2 of MCE and the third being the SP2 disc.

During install it erroneously asks for the SP2 disc to be inserted, when in fact it really should be asking to re-insert MCE disc 1.

But I do think now that SP2 is integrated into the MCE discs because all USB2 drivers etc are installed without the use of the SP2 disc.

UA_Iron said:
My MCE 2005 came with 3 discs - Disc 1 and 2 of MCE and the third being the SP2 disc.

During install it erroneously asks for the SP2 disc to be inserted, when in fact it really should be asking to re-insert MCE disc 1.

But I do think now that SP2 is integrated into the MCE discs because all USB2 drivers etc are installed without the use of the SP2 disc.

they either did 1 of 2 things.

1. they messed up your order and gave you an extra disc (sp2).

2. you have mce 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom