XP Home Not Genuine ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi, i have an HP Pavilion with XP Home that came installed... and i done a Full system recovery and it installed properly and after installing most of the updates and restarted it says my XP Home is not genuine ? why have i got this when XP Home is real and i done a system recovery from the HP CD's ?

XP Home was one of the biggest pirated OS's from M$. A lot of Home editions were turned off and considered pirated when they are not. Call M$ and you can get this sorted out. there is nothing any of us here can do. Only the M$ Tech Support line can help you on this one. ;)

This mainly happend because of the Genuine Advantage update. When the update was applied, it gave you this error even if your OS was legit. There was a lot of lawsuits filed about this

windows claims that most hp,dells and compaq aren't legit. because they use a corporate disc, then add a different serial on the side of the computer

it's bull

I have to use a Corporate XP PRO that my parents bought back when XP was $500 in 2002. It only has SP1, but Microsoft doesn't even validate it. Works great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom