Help! My Psu Got Burned

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake_27

Beta member
help my problem goes like this first i bought a secondhand PALIT GeForce FX 5200 128mb from a friend then i inserted it on my AGP Slot (ECS PT800CEA MOTHERBOARD CELERON 2.4) after that i switch on the computer then its start but an awful smell came out from my cpu then the computer stops working, i switch it on again but its not working. my question is did a video card desroyed my psu and is there anything else got burned except for my psu. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP THANKS A LOT.

Ummmmm It all depends on what went wrong. Did you have to remove the card cover plate on the back of the pc so the card will stick out ? possibly left a screw or the plate inside the pc on a board of mainboard. You could have pinched a wire when closing the case. You will have to opem it up and find out what happened.

Power supply issue perhaps.
short circuit or some other technical reason but i wont be able to help more that those 2 little ideas.

thank you for the reply friends, anyways my mobo is useless anymore so i have to buy a new one and also a new psu. lucky for me only my mobo and psu got burned my cpu, ddr and other hardware is still working again thnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom