unbootable ghost image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poets

Beta member
I'm trying to make a ghost image of my laptop's HD boot in a desktop I'm borrowing from a friend untill the laptop is out of the shop... and not having much luck :(

Using the Norton Ghost IX CD and an external USB HD I ghosted a backup of my laptop's HD to a brand new, partitioned and formated SATA drive in the desktop. In the BIOS I changed the boot order of the drives so it goes for mine first as opposed to booting from the origional. Windows never boots though, just crashes and the computer restarts. I knew I'd have to install the drivers and such so my laptop's HD could use all the goodies in the desktop but I didn't think it would be much harder than that; never tried this before. Any sugestions are greatly appreciated.

Laptop- HITACHI Travelstar 7K100 HTS721010G9AT00 (0A25015) 100GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache ATA-6, XP Pro

to

Desktop- ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI (stock bios), Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Any other info that you would need?

It wont work. If you run a repair on the OS with the XP CD though you should be ok..then obviously installing the drivers and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom