My Future Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I take it everything's compatible with everything else and I'll have a nice gaming system if I go with what I have now? Any other suggestions would be great. Even if you want to say it looks sexy would be nice so then I'd be more confident in making the investment. :)

IrishNinjaX said:
you forgot to get a flux capacitor

lol

but umm..

you made a similar mistake..

SLI = nVidia
Crossfire = ATI

what you have now is compatible. but if you get an SLI mobo, its better to go with an nVidia card so that you can upgrade in the future.. or if you get a crossfire mobo, get an Ati card so that you can maybe in the future get a crossfire ati card... OR... just leave it the way it is.. hehe..

oh and i also recommend you get faster ram.. since everything is high end.. if you wanna decrease $$ you can reduce your cpu to a dual-core 3800+ since its easily overclockable..

Yeah...What DeathHawk said.

See my sig. The OC is relatively easy (though requires patience, care and time) and my Rig plays high-end games beautifully.

JWood88 said:
Ok, so this is what I'm looking at now...

-connect3D 3056 Radeon X1900XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

-Western Digital Caviar 320 GB 7200 rpm SATA harddrive

-M-Audio Revolution 5.1 Sound Card

-Black Altec Lansing 5.1 Super Subwoofer THX Certified ADA995

-Hanns-G JW-199DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

-Logitech G5 Laser

-IoPlus Saitek Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard

-Hiper HPU-4B580-MS ATX12v 580w Power Supply

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor

-pqi POWER Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Unbuffered
Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model MAB42GUOE-X2

-Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

-Aspire X-Pleasure-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case

Anything else maybe that I should change?

Like it was said.. wait for the next week. Come the 24th the prices are going to drop and you can pick up an dualy cheap! Look at the 4600.. it'll be something like 224 USD. (It has a higher L2 Cahce, worth it!) and with the mobo I would go back to your original card. the 7900GT. but other than that you did some reading and research... looks very good! :D very nice...

Syrillian said:
Yeah...What DeathHawk said.

See my sig. The OC is relatively easy (though requires patience, care and time) and my Rig plays high-end games beautifully.

k here is the deal, if your gonna get a dual core s939 and want to OC the **** out of it, there is not point for a 3800+, it'd be wiser to get an Opteron 165, which OCs WAYYY more, and has 2x the L2 Cache.

anywayz, forget about s939, get Am2, or Core 2 duo.

i'd suggest Core 2 Duo, it would be around the same as Am2, but...its WAYYY better.

Well, I already went back to the 7900GT, it had great reviews and I'll be able to upgrade in the future with my SLI motherboard. It's also very affordable. As far as the processor goes, I think I may hold off and wait til the 24th for the price to drop, I've heard that so many times and I agree. This computer is already costing me more than I had anticipated, and that will give me time to earn some money, and save some at the same time. So here's the final setup I believe:

-eVGA 256-P2-N584-AR Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

-Western Digital Caviar 320 GB 7200 rpm SATA harddrive

-M-Audio Revolution 5.1 Sound Card

-Black Altec Lansing 5.1 Super Subwoofer THX Certified ADA995

-Hanns-G JW-199DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

-Logitech G5 Laser

-IoPlus Saitek Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard

-Hiper HPU-4B580-MS ATX12v 580w Power Supply

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor

-GeIL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

-Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

-Aspire X-Pleasure-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case

-LG Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE Combo Drive

Of course, I'll also add another fan in there.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I really learned a lot and this community is very pleasant to be around. I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get this bad boy working as far as overclocking and other things as well. Thanks again for all the help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom