PC Express Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad-dog

Baseband Member
Ok lots of talks about PCI Express Video Card soon anycase i lost it there aren't any motherboards with PCI Express out there for us the tiny clients are there ?

You are correct, some components are there but the motherboard manufacturers have not stepped up and delivered MBs using PCI express yet. So we wait. Look on the bright side, when they do have the motherboards out we won't be waiting on any of the other hardware. LOL

I am asking cuz i am going to get the Nvidia 6800Ultra as soon as i sell my video card (ASUS FX5600 VS which still has 2 and 7 months of warranty) i wondered cuz i know a version of PCI Express of it gonna be out

The reason PCI Express has not been released yet is because graphics card companies have been working on AGPx8 based GPU's for a long time (AGPx8 is still fairly new), as the GeForce 6800 is AGP.

Expect to see an AGPx8 ATI card for this generation - although ATI have been talking about PCI Express a lot more; hence the "ATI and PCI Express" text you see all over their site.

Only time will tell.

Kangaroo said:
The reason PCI Express has not been released yet is because graphics card companies have been working on AGPx8 based GPU's for a long time (AGPx8 is still fairly new), as the GeForce 6800 is AGP.

Expect to see an AGPx8 ATI card for this generation - although ATI have been talking about PCI Express a lot more; hence the "ATI and PCI Express" text you see all over their site.

Only time will tell.

The 6800 Utlra supports BOTH AGP 8x, and PCI Express.

BlazingWolf said:
The 6800 Utlra supports BOTH AGP 8x, and PCI Express.

Yeah, both ATi and Nvidia are releasing AGP and PCI Express versions of their cards:rolleyes:

PCI Express is still a good ways off of becoming mainstream, probably not until late this year will they become mainstream:confused:

is both version goin to be exactly the same in the clock speeds memory ect? r all pci express going to better than 9800xt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom