Hmm, odd question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
Is there a program that I can boot to, so I can edit my registry? I think if I had something like that I can get my other computer to actually boot up instead of it trying to load AUTOCHK everytime? Thanks, in advance, Jeremiah.

I have got that, but I want a program that doesn't make me copy all the settings from the computer I am currently on, as I am working on a different computer, I just want to be able to boot the other computer into something that will let me edit the registry ON THAT computer. Without having to copy all the settings from it, seeing I can not access Windows do to windows not being able to boot.

what ver of windows? You could always edit the config.sys, and change the shell=explorer.exe to shell=progman.exe

it will then boot to program manager, and then you can run regedit from there. Just be sure to change the shell back to its original when done.

On the other computer I am running Windows Professional, but I CAN NOT access it, I need a bootable program that I can edit my registry without having to boot into windows at ALL.

no, think u misunderstood. Just get a standard boot disk, go into dos and edit them from there. Then, it will bypass most windows stuff and instead boot to program manager. It maybe in the system.ini and also depends on version of windows.

Warez Monster said:
ERD Commander 2005

it's just like bart pe with a better interface.

I don't know how to do what you want it to Silent_Joka, I know you can do it with a bart pe cd, I just don't know how. a bart pe cd can boot on ANY COMPUTER. it isn't computer specific. I have have a bart pe mce cd (from my computer), that I boot on at least 30 different computers, including windows 98 and me.

why don't you use the bart cd to copy your important data to another computer or partition and reinstall windows

I don't know if this helps

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111285

using bart pe to edit registry

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/peboot.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom