hard drive free space incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
I just tried to install a game and it said i didnt have enough space. WD 76GB is my C and a 120GB is my backup. I am installing on my C and it said i had 3.47GB left. So i uninstalled 2 games that i dont play anymore, totalling 8GB , yet my drive STILL says 3.47gb i even rebooted....ran defrag analyze , norton sysemworks disk doctor, nothing did anything.

Any help ?

turn off your system restore and see how much that give you and hibernate if you have the enabled

download and run CCleaner and Cleaup!

i did all that.....disk cleanup says it cleaned 1.4gb yet drive still shows 3.47GB WTF

diskmonger shows d:/system volume information folder as being 6.4gb which actually sounds alittle more like the space im missing.

Consider allocating more harddrive space from your other "120Gb" harddrive if you are running out of room. A good advice is to do a search for files over 50Mb or 100Mb and delete them if you don't need it. That's 50000Kb.

Free open source partitioning software, runs off a CD http://gparted.sourceforge.net/index.php

thats still not addressing the fact that i uninstalled 6GB of games. Before i did it i had 3.47GB..the game i am installing requires 5gb..but even after UNinstalling those games free space hasnt changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom