Conroe Mobo, buying now

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkS1d3 said:
Snake-Eyes, I got a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D.. I figure I can't go wrong with that, huh? :D

'Course not! :)

Tox1cThreat said:
DFI is also really expensive..

They aren't always really expensive, though, yes most of them are on the high-budget end.

DarkS1d3 said:
And I thank you.. but I'm assuming the name "ConRoeXFire" means that it supports ATI Crossfire, when I stated I have a Geforce7900GT KO.

Snake-Eyes, I got a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D.. I figure I can't go wrong with that, huh? :D

You assumed wrong. It has an Intel 945P chipset. It is perfectly compatible with all PCI-Ex16 videocards.

You wasted money.

Outofwords said:
You assumed wrong. It has an Intel 945P chipset. It is perfectly compatible with all PCI-Ex16 videocards.

You wasted money.

ack! The sin of all sins!

Actually, no.. though it may seem that way. I'll have a better computer (than what I have now) much faster, and when I've got more spendable cash and Conroe is widely available, then I'll shift the 939 to my old pc, and have two nicely equipped computers.

We're in agreement that I should have read into it more, but I'm not playing the waiting game any longer.

Well you know what you want and you're happy so all's good.

Personally, I'd return the LanParty and get the Conroe mobo, but I'm not stuck on a slow PC so there's a bias right there. :)

DarkS1d3 said:
We're in agreement that I should have read into it more, but I'm not playing the waiting game any longer.

Personally, i say upgrade now-ish time (maybe late August would be better? more Conroe mobos out and such), or wait until DX10 (scheduled for January-ish, like Vista).

Just for an FYI, I wouldn't dismiss all Abit boards as I have to point out that similar to the DFI Lanparty strand and 939, Abit NF7 board was the undisputed choice for Socket A platforms

Outofwords said:
Well you know what you want and you're happy so all's good.

Personally, I'd return the LanParty and get the Conroe mobo, but I'm not stuck on a slow PC so there's a bias right there. :)

lol, never underestimate the power of a slow pc on someone's thinking.. anything would have made me happy really, just as long as I can get it now. :D

That's a good idea snake-eyes, the upgrade to coincide w/ Vista, I think I'll do that.

Again, thanks to everyone for all your opinions and info

DarkS1d3 said:
That's a good idea snake-eyes, the upgrade to coincide w/ Vista, I think I'll do that.

Personally, i think that's the better choice because Vista and DX10 will be out, so all cards made after that point will be DX10 (or higher when they get there?) capable, so it just makes sense.

ASrock makes a mobo that supports conroe at around 55 bucks or so. Forgot the model.

Abit, from what I have read, bit off more than they could chew and then quality went down. They are supposed to be coming back with some quality boards again sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom