Which Vid Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i picked the 9800 Pro up for $199.00 from comp USA . Watch for sales at these types of places .

DAVID_15 said:
i mite wait and just get a 9800 pro.does any body no how much of a drop it will be?

Probably $150 or so, but it's only $210 right now;)

The card you should be watching to drop in price is the 9800XT, which as Apokalipse said can be OCed VERY easily with Overdrive;) Expect them to drop to $250 or so within the next month or so:confused:

if its going to drop to $250 (us) $337 (aus) im getting it for sure :)

do u still get half life 2 with the 9600xts and 9800xts?

Kangaroo said:
That 9600XT will serve you well, you wouldn't really need much more than it for the latest games. I would get the 256MB 9600XT instead of the 128MB 9600XT Extreme - but I really don't know the difference.

The 128mb version has newer ddr ram and is much better overclockable.

And the 256mb version will cost you about $/€ 10 more. You'll barely use the extra 128 mb though, games nowadays have enuf ram with 128. by the time game will be needing more ram, your XT is far to slow to make the extra 256 mb worth it....

Rey_Nemaattori said:
You'll barely use the extra 128 mb though, games nowadays have enuf ram with 128. by the time game will be needing more ram, your XT is far to slow to make the extra 256 mb worth it....

Modern games do make use of the extra 128MB RAM if ran at higher textures, and I would expect to see PCI Express cards with 512MB of memory.

But it is true that a 9600XT will probably not have enough juice required to run high texture modern games.

DAVID_15 said:

do u still get half life 2 with the 9600xts and 9800xts?

Do Not Get The Power Color 9600XT!!!! You Do Not Get The Half Life Coupon!!!!!!!!!! Me mad for getting the powercolor and not knowing this!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom