My Future Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWood88

Baseband Member
This is the setup I plan on using to build a PC within the next few weeks. Any feedback or anything I could use to drastically increase the performance of what I have so far would be greatly appreciated.

BFG GeForce 7900 GT 256 MB
Western Digital Caviar 320 GB 7200 rpm SATA harddrive
M-Audio Revolution 5.1 Sound Card
Black Altec Lansing 5.1 Super Subwoofer THX Certified ADA995
Hanns-G JW-199DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
Logitech G5 Laser
IoPlus Saitek Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard
GameXStream (OCZ700GXSSLI) 700-watt Power Supply
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2 GHz Processor
OCZ 2 x 1 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
DFI LanParty UT CFX3200-DR Socket 939 ATI Crossfire Radeon XPRESS 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard
Aspire X-Pleasure-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case

Dont go with crossfire man its not worth it, same with Sli. Also dont go with dual core, not unless your doing video editing or music editing or soemthing of that sort only. You can save some more money and put it towards your gpu and buy a x1900xt 512mb or something.

Id buy a X1800xt 512mb if i were you with a Amd Athlon 3800+ and overclock the **** out of it. And if you need more money for the upgrade to a better gpu such as a 512mb card which will be really useful in games you can buy a 80 gig harddrive and save god knows how much money. Ive had this 80 gig for 3 years now and havent used all the space on it. If your good at knowing what stuff you need and dont need anyway.

Go with a Antec power supply. With that system you want a good power supply, not a decent one. If you want to take risks with crappy power supplies you might as well put some socks on and rub your feet on the carpet and touch all your hardware components.

Thats my advice. Its your money if you want to make a bad decision do it, but dont get ****ed off if you later find out you spent more money than you should have.

Its a nice system what you chose though, Nice job by the way :)

Thanks, it's my first time. I still have to do some research on the whole overclocking thing, from what I understand you have to get more expensive memory if you plan on doing that. I plan on doing a lot of multitasking and stuff too, that's why I went with the dual core. As far as the motherboard, there aren't very many out there that were compatible with everything I needed. That seemed like the best choice. But again, this is my first time building a PC so maybe some other people might agree with what you say? At this point I'm really not sure.

i don't agree with blew..

i suggest you do get dual core. wait a week or so and you'll see the core duos released... or the AMD prices slashed.

your 7900gt is great. but it doesnt' really go with your motherboard.. crossfire mobo you would be better off getting an ati card so that it might be useful.. in any case.. single card solutions are best.. the x1900xt is great.

if you go AMD, go with socket AM2.. same price/performance, but it allows you to upgrade in the future as socket 939 is getting phased out.

that OCZ PSU you have is great. i'd keep it!

everything else looks great!

So for what I'm doing, the motherboard is no good. But if I change the mobo, then I have to change the memory, that's no big deal, a different processor (AM2 has been suggested) and a new video card. Seems to make sense

Ok, so this is what I'm looking at now...

-connect3D 3056 Radeon X1900XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

-Western Digital Caviar 320 GB 7200 rpm SATA harddrive

-M-Audio Revolution 5.1 Sound Card

-Black Altec Lansing 5.1 Super Subwoofer THX Certified ADA995

-Hanns-G JW-199DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

-Logitech G5 Laser

-IoPlus Saitek Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard

-Hiper HPU-4B580-MS ATX12v 580w Power Supply

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor 2000MHz HT 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor

-pqi POWER Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) Unbuffered
Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model MAB42GUOE-X2

-Foxconn C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

-Aspire X-Pleasure-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Case

Anything else maybe that I should change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom