windows wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

thayde1

Baseband Member
hi,
recently windows wouldnt start properly and it goes to a black screen before the windows xp logo loading screen and it stays there. tried to reformat but for some reason it wont read my installation disk even though my cd rom is working fine.

there was some beeping. i tried to change some things in the bios but that didnt work so then i put the bios to default settings and the same thing over and over. no luck at all yet. after the post screen when windows is supposed to load it just stays black and nothing happens. ive tried to set the cd rom as first boot priority and that still wouldnt let me use my windows cd. "press any button to boot from cd" doesnt even show up in the post screen but my cd rom is working.

reseat your memory

take out your battery cmos for a few minutes, then put it back in and see what happens
make sure all your connections are tight

ok tried all that. now my motherboard wont even detect my hard drive. it detects the cd rom but no hard drive.

I would say you're drive fried. If you can test it in another system, do so. That happened to me long ago, sounds like the same basic thing.

Do you still get diagnostic Beeps? if so look up what they mean, either in your manual or find the bios online.

Beeps often indicate Memory problems, try using just one memory stick and try it in more than one slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom