Need Help With Ram Upgrade Pc3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raknor

In Runtime
hey i recently bought 2 512 sticks of ram to upgrade my comp from 1 to 2 gigs of ram. my mobo can support up to 4 gigs its a foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
i hav 4 sticks of 512 not the same brand :( 1 geil ultra 1 kingston value 1 pny and 1 kybte

i know that to do duel channel its a good idea to have identical sticks but i dont hav that luxury is there any way to disable duel channel or to somehow make this work either through the bios or some utility?

any ideas u guys hav would help

thanks
Rak

i have 3 sticks 256 and a 512 stick all different branks and my dual channel works.

you just pop them in and go, your mother board of course needs to support dual channel. but either way when you put the 4 sticks in, if they are all good the mobo will either run single chan if thats all it supports or it will know to go to dual chanel since you have the 2 pairs and its supported.

yeah well they are def all good but everytime install them i get an alarm and i hav to shut down...

only thing i can think of is that i just installed vista and i dont hav any chipset drivers installed that might be it wat do u all think? im gettin em as we speak

cas and latency wouldnt really matter, like i said all my 4 sticks are all different in everyway and it works fine, i even have 3 non-ecc and 1 ecc, kinda like the mutt of memory lol. and all my cas and latencys are diff.

with an alarm sounding would deff mean something is wrong, like one of the memory sticks isnt right for that system board. try adding 1 stick then booting seeing what happens, if that boots take it out and try 1 stick of the other one, and so on till you get through all 4 and see if you can boot with 1 stick of each by itself and when you cant boot you know which gives you the problem.

they all work individually but when i put them together only 2 will work at any given time

it mite be your board, try 2 sticks in dual chanel in slot 1 and slot 3 and boot. if that works, do dual chanel in slot 2 and 4 and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom