Ati VPU Recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

A55assin

Solid State Member
This happens often while i play Guildwars on any setting really, low, mid, or high, it's quite annoying.

The exact Error:

"VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands"

I upgrades my drives, ay least i think i did. Does anyone have any idea why is this happening?

I have a X600 Series(outdated but awesome nevertheless).
AMD 3200+ and 1 Gig of Ram. The game actually runs very smoothly exceot for the times when this happens. The game freezes, i press ALT+ESC, cancel the error...and go back to playing GW. This happens every 5, 10, 30 minutes...sometimes i can play for up to 1 hour. I'v also noticed that this happens no matter what i do, fight, stand, dance, chat, anything...i'm pretty sure it's random, but who am i to decide.

I would appreciate any help, i'v tried many forums...this one looks awesome.

you can open up the catelayst contorl panel, sorry if the spelling is wrong lol, and you can disable the vpu recovery and see if that helps you.

King X13 said:
you can open up the catelayst contorl panel, sorry if the spelling is wrong lol, and you can disable the vpu recovery and see if that helps you.

Thx for trying to help, but this made it even worse. Now i have to restard the comp everytime it happens lol.

Ok, another problem has occured. After that error thing happens...my graphic card kinds shuts down completely. Scrolling down webpages...lol, it like skips frames like crazy.

lol sorry, its helped me in the past with the x700. i assume you turned it on by now, try updating the drivers with ati. setting all the settings to proformance instead of balance and quality. if crazy stuff still happens it mite be the card itself being a hardware issue and check your warranty. oh yeah did you update your direct x drivers to 9.0c and ati suggest netframe work 2.0. so up date all that too.

Yes, i'v updated everything i can think of. I'm thinking of just getting a new Card. This works great with FEAR, but BF2 and GW just doesn't go with it. Thx for your help guys. That website is way too complicated for me, i cannont understand half of what that dude is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom