Somone help me out with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright man, I checked for shorts, I checked everything and I looked up the beeping and it says when it posts it checks CPU, RAM then VGA so everything is pointing at the video card being at fault, anyone got any futher ideas or experience with this crap?

See I can't really do that because everything on my computer is older and this is all new ****.

Make sure your 12v 4-pin plug is plugged in. It goes right above the processeor usually and comes from the power supply.

::-Chase-::

Yeah, everything is hooked up the way it should be, I've been over the system for about 12 hours now. I've looked at every possible way anything could have gone wrong and I'm pretty sure the motherboard is at fault. I've read alot of things online where people were having problems with this motherboard (Asus A8N SLI premium). One guy had to get an upgraded bios chip because the ones in the board weren't compatable with his processor, which was a 3500+. This doesn't make any sense to me and sounds like a screw up on Asus' part. It's socket 939, it should be compatable with all of the processors AMD have in that line. I'm kind of running out of Ideas besides calling Asus myself and asking them what might be the problem. I'm thinking I'm having the same processor compatability problem because I get 2 short beeps then 3 long, which means no CPU detected or something to that effect. Another question is if I do have to send this back into Newegg would I be able to trade it out for a board of equal value or only be able to get the same one?

If it is the motherboard, then just go to Newegg's site and RMA it. All it will cost you is the shipping to them and they will replace it. Basically the board was DOA (Dead on Arival), so that is what I would classify it as.

It's not dead though, it's actually completely fine. It's just that after the Mobo booted up for the first time and loaded up Bios and all that then it stopped sending a picture to my monitor. I don't want to get it replaced with the same board because more than likely the same problem will happen, because after it loads the bios, it won't read my processor (A 3200+)

If the mobo replace doesn't fix it, try the drivers. Yes, it may seem silly, but sometimes we forget to check the simplest little thing. It happens to everyone. Heck, i was replacing the mobo in my mother's computer, and i thought had everything hooked up. It just wouldn't turn on! I didn't connect the 24 pin connector. ;) :p

That is a good motherboard. It should suit your 3200+ just fine. Don't blame ASUS though because strange things happen in all hardware, maybe one in every thousand. When you are dealing with any electronic device you are eventually gonna get a junk piece.

::EDIT::

LOL to you snakeeyes, I know how that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom