Cpu Hot Hot Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immaculate

Solid State Member
Hi there, yesterday i noticed that the top of my pc was very hot and i asked a friend of mine if this was normal. He said it depends how hot the cpu is. He gave me a program so that i could check to see how hot it was and i was a little horrified to discover that it was 73 degrees C. Obviously this isnt normal, Today I opened the case and cleaned the fan by blowing it and removing most of the dust that was in there. What is the best fan i can buy and would it be a good idea to buy a case fan too? My cpu is a AMD Athlon XP, 2200+ and at this present time it is 64 degree C which obviously is still not cool enough as the pc as only be turned on for around 10 minutes.

I was just thnking, I have had a few problems with my pc over the last cpl of weeks, It kept rebooting for no reason and then after the reboot it said this system has suffered a serious error. I formatted it yesterday morning and its seems to run ok now but i was just wondering if this could have occured because the cpu was too hot? And if i dont replace the fan, will i have the problem again?

Been very hot in the uk the last few days hasnt it, today being one of the hottest apparently! too hot for my liking but there we go!

Anyway onto your pc, i would say you had this problem due to your very high temps, id consider anything above 55 to be HOT, and yours was what? 73? thats extremly hot.
How old is the pc and have you made any internal mods to the pc at all? id say get a bigger fan in there.

My system is only a week old(see sig) and the hottest ive seen it get is 46-47 and that was lastnight when it was like a sauna in my room!

Ive also got a case fan that sucks cool air inside the case(factory fitted)

The motherboard, cpu and heatsink and fan are around 2 yrs old. There hasnt been any other upgrade besides another stick of ram. I am going to buy a case fan too cos its just too hot in my pc lol

With these temperatures you can't do much about it. It's about 35 C today over here in the Netherlands. My CPU is 52C, my chipset is 51C and the hard disks are between 44-50C. I have my side panel opened, if I close it the chipset gets cooler, but the CPU and hard disks will melt.

You need a proper CPU fan and some arctic silver, but the most important are at least 2 case fans, intake and output, bigger is better.

TheMajor is this fan on the left called an exhaust? i think its sucking cool air into the case,

000_0512.jpg

only had this pc a week so im still learning little things about it!

hmm, im pretty sure that shoudl be sucking the hot air out of the case :S i could be wrong

jonny_uk said:
TheMajor is this fan on the left called an exhaust? i think its sucking cool air into the case,

000_0512.jpg

only had this pc a week so im still learning little things about it!

That's the exhaust, it should be blowing the air out. You need an additional fan sucking air into the case at the front of your case, close to the bottom of the case, usually in front or just below the hard disk tray (depends on case design).

i guess its obvious what the fans doing because the fan blades are a different way round ;)

Thanks for the pic, makes perfect sense!:D

I dont actually have to have another fan sucking air in do i? did you just mean thats what most people do if they need more air in the case? my temps are fine even in this heat wave were getting in the uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom