extra fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I found an old pc fan from a broken comp. And I found out that it is a Brushless DC fan from the company Delta electronics at 3250rpm, 37.4 CFM, and 34dBA. It's also a 3-pin and an 80mm fan. I'm guessing the CFM/dBA ratio isn't too good? So far I have 140mm intake in front, 120mm exhaust in rear, and 120mm intake on side. And I have another side fan slot available, should I use this fan I found? The available fan slot is in front of the graphic card. If I use this will the air circulation be fine? Or maybe a top blowhole?

gurusan said:
34dba is VERY loud

Seconded. If you want to use it, go for it. I suggest, seeing as how you have so much intake already and little exhaust compared to it, i'd make it exhaust and make it a blowhole.

gurusan said:
34dba is VERY loud

Nah, it's not that loud. I had a few Vantec Tornadoes in my computer at one pont. They made around 55dba. 34dba, pfft, that's nothing. :p

Spartan666 said:
Nah, it's not that loud. I had a few Vantec Tornadoes in my computer at one pont. They made around 55dba. 34dba, pfft, that's nothing. :p

i sleep right next to my computer....so I like it quiet. the UV lights and LEDs on the keyboard don't bug me though.

i love my thermaltake soprano. runs so cool and quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom