Yet another graphics card post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, totally missed that and got caught up in the hype of "$100 worth of improvement". Yea, 25mhz difference in core clock and 100mhz difference in memory clock...that's it. Now it boils down to ASUS of Sapphire...I have owned ASUS products but no Sapphire, and had really good luck from ASUS...so...what is it? What are the experiences out there that will help me with this.

much appreciated,

::-Chase-::

::EDIT ::

Plus, I have a 400watt PSU from CoolerMaster with Dual 12v rails, but the recommendation stated on newegg is 450w...is my PSU sufficient (this may be a very dumb question).

::EDIT::

Wasn't paying attention, my PSU IS 450w.
(http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/Products.aspx?pid=902)
Sure I can program in c++ but when it comes to power distribution I am clueless...this PSU is compat with (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121554)
right?

NeedAcpu said:
Besides by the time DX10 cards come out there will already be some better cards out then the first generation of DX10 cards. IF I were you I'd go with the x1900xt right now. The x1900xtx isn't worth the money.

I very seriously doubt nVidia or ATI are going to bring out ANOTHER DX9 card now. It just wouldn't be smart.

There is actually very little doubt in my mind as well that they will come out with another DX9 card. But, I need a new card and I really don't want t o wait 4 or 5 more months for something brand new carrying glitches. Anyone who gets hardware or software fresh off the market is going to be the "test sudject" for whatever bugs lie out there (which will take at very least a couple to 3 months to work out). Too many gamers will still be using DX9 for DX10 to take completely over right on launch.

By the way, ASUS or Sapphire for the x1900xt?

Khann said:
I very seriously doubt nVidia or ATI are going to bring out ANOTHER DX9 card now. It just wouldn't be smart.

I believe ATI is with their R580+ or whatever it's called, it's supposed to have ddr4 memory.

I was planning on going with ASUS since I have had experience with their products before (where as Sapphire I have not). One FINAL question here and then I'm through. My current CPU, RAM, etc. won't bottleneck the x1900xt will it? Just wanted to make sure.

no reason that anything will 'bottleneck' the x1900xt.

Do you mind telling me when will you be ordering it, and update me of how it worked once it got to you? I'm about to order the same thing soon myself, but im pretty scared because I won't be able to check it out at the U.S. and there is no RMA Warranty once I leave the US and im afraid of DOAs.

-Jo;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom