DirectX 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most DX games are good, as are OpenGL. I have a hard time telling a difference between games that are OpenGL and DX, but that's how most consumers are. They can't tell.

Either way, I can't wait to play Crysis, which is going to be DX9/DX10.

danm alot of **** talk here. Dx and opengl have the same perfomance and graphics. Is all in the developer. Half Life 2 dx, doom 2 opengl. both really good games. weather is made on open gl or dx they are still games. and p.p. maguire all the movies u seen, all the movie, i mean all use opengl for special effects. All workstations videocard FireGL and Quadro uses opengl that what they advertise. They dont advertise dx at all.

The best thing to do here is wait for DX10 and the future so that one side can prove what they are saying (not that I doubt, but it's the only sure fire way). All of this arguing is doing nothing but sturing up confusion and mixed views and answers. General, P.P., give it a rest, you are both not contributing by arguing and I know that you are not going to convince each other by continuing this anyway, so just be mature about it and walk away from this one.

::-Chase-::

DX10 will have a software layer that lets it work with DX9.X cards, they just won't offer all the eye candy that DX10 has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom