Laptop dvd drive eject button

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
The DVD drive in my Dell Inspiron 4100 doesn't open the tray when the eject button is pushed although it opens via being ejected by right-clicking->eject the DVD drive icon in Windows. Can a broken eject button still be repaired or do I have to buy a new drive?

The broken button could be any sort of problem, like a slipped button pad, a loose connection, or something more sinister. Chances are it can be fixed. But this may invalidate your Dell warranty.

there should be a small hole in the front drawer you can insert a paper clip in to open the drive, other then that, a new one.

Re:

Hello,

A friend of mine once has the same problem with his cd drive on his laptop, albeit on a Compaq.

He was forced to constantly use a paper clip to eject the CD manually from the tray, but I suggested he use a small program which runs in the background, and which will eject the tray when a specified shortcut key is pressed on the keyboard:

http://ddhomepage.tripod.com/ddcdes.html

Easy to use, stable, can run automatically when windows starts, small and shortcut keys can be defined.

I think it's either going to be a paper clip, ddcdes or a new cd drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom