Overclocking with my board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Okay, I'm gonna start overclocking this thing. I know I didn't pick the best board with the money I had, but I'm gonna' have to live with it.

So the board has no PCI lock. Other than that, it has enough options for decent overclocking, I guess. Voltage controls, FSB control, HT control, memory control...

I know one instance with some guy using the exact same board overclocking his 64 3000+ to a 21% increase. So my goal is going to be 20%...

So with my own attempt (keep in mind, I suck at overclocking modern systems), I set my PC2100 DDR back to 200MHz instead of 266, so I won't run into memory related problems... I also upped the voltage of the CPU 5% (There are settings for up to 15%?).

I then used EasyTune5, got the overclock to 13%, where the system automatically rebooted. I think the guy referred to changing the HT, but I'm not quite sure what this does, or what to set it on (default is 1000MHz)

Anyone know what I can do to overclock more? Up the voltage? Change HT settings?

Change the HT multiplier to 4x from 5x and try that. If there is no PCI lock then that's probably whats kicking you in the ***.

Do all MSI boards have PCI lock? I might be able to get one in the near future, if they're that good for overclocking.

Ok, dropped HT to 800MHz, and so far, I've got a pretty stable overclock @ 2.6 GHz, which is pretty much my 20% overclocking goal.

EDIT: **** nevermind. It locked up during SuperPi for 1M. I'm going to up the voltage 5% and see if that helps.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, upping the voltage worked! SuperPi on 1M went from 58 seconds stock, to 47 seconds OC'd.

WoOtAgE. I figured it out. WIth no AGP lock, my video card kept crapping out at full speed. So I set AGP to 4x from 8x, and now everything works perfectly at 2.61GHz.

I might even be able to overclock more, but I'm going to save that for when I get my two 1GB sticks of Geil DDR400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom