Somone help me out with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
I started throwing together my friend's computer earlier this evening, All the parts are, Asus A8N SLI premium MoBo, Seagate Barracuda Sata 250GB HDD, Geforce 6800 XT video card, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and a Coolergiant enermax 480Watt PSU. I was getting a picture at first and it went through BIOS and everything and now I'm not getting a picture at all, I've tried putting in the disk that came with the video card, the MoBo disk and the windows XP disk and none of them have any results, So I'm wondering if anyone might have any clue what's going on here? Any help will be appreciated.

How does one go about doing that? Sorry if it's a silly question, not too firmiliar with this whole Mobo business.

OK, you can do this by moving over the cmos jumper at the bottom of the mobo, near the watch looking battery, or you can remove that battery (I wouldn't recommend this) for 30 seconds to a minute.

::-Chase-::

::EDIT::

No problem about not knowing how. Happens to everyone on something, so no, not a silly question at all.

Alright, I reset that and it didn't help, I'm getting 2 really quick beeps then 3 regular ones, any ideas?

M733mhz said:
I started throwing together my friend's computer earlier this evening, All the parts are, Asus A8N SLI premium MoBo, Seagate Barracuda Sata 250GB HDD, Geforce 6800 XT video card, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and a Coolergiant enermax 480Watt PSU. I was getting a picture at first and it went through BIOS and everything and now I'm not getting a picture at all, I've tried putting in the disk that came with the video card, the MoBo disk and the windows XP disk and none of them have any results, So I'm wondering if anyone might have any clue what's going on here? Any help will be appreciated.

What kind of RAM do you have in the system? Is it dual channel?

Have you tried with another monitor?

The RAM is just random Samsung and Nanya 512MB, PC3200 sticks, it came out of my computer so I know it's good. My monitor is fine too, seeing as how I'm using it right now. Supposedly 5 beeps is CPU failure, but I'm not getting 5 normal beeps, it's 2 really quick then 3 regular. Still anyone got any ideas?

Do you know what kind of BIOS that motherboard has? If you do you can find the beep codes on the internet.

It's an Asus A8N SLI premium, I have no idea, whatever Bios they loaded on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom