Conroe Mobo, buying now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that's nothing. Mine refused to install Windows, froze every time (I replaced everything else, it WAS the motherboard). And then it froze on a crepload of other applications. Miserable experience.

Indeed, I was upgrading from a 1.0Ghz PIII, 383MB RAM, and a FX5200, and all the problems almost made me want to go back to that.

Most of them are fixed now though.

Interesting stories, thanks for the input guys. Note to self: stay away from Abit..

Anyways, I decided what I'm going to do. Buy an s939 mobo and cpu, then when Conroe becomes widely available, around December probably when I've got some extra cash, I'll upgrade to that in my main rig and replace the P4 in the Gateway with s939 AMD. Simple as that.

Thanks again for all the input.

If you want a good mobo with nice overclocking capabilites, you can't go wrong with MSI or DFI. DFI is a very common board over at XtremeSystems.org

ummmm abit isnt bad.. you just need the right mobo.. mine is doing be great if its got me to 2.93 ghz already.. sli ran fine as well, and i've never had an actual problem.. only with the firewall.... which corrupted any file over 3 mb that was downloaded.. but why would you want a nvidia firewall anyway

Outofwords said:
I DID give you a good $70 Conroe motherboard w/PCI-e x16 slot.

And I thank you.. but I'm assuming the name "ConRoeXFire" means that it supports ATI Crossfire, when I stated I have a Geforce7900GT KO.

Snake-Eyes, I got a DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D.. I figure I can't go wrong with that, huh? :D

Outofwords said:
Lol, that's nothing. Mine refused to install Windows, froze every time (I replaced everything else, it WAS the motherboard). And then it froze on a crepload of other applications. Miserable experience.

You must have the patience of jesus! :amazed:

Snake-Eyes said:
If you want a good mobo with nice overclocking capabilites, you can't go wrong with MSI or DFI. DFI is a very common board over at XtremeSystems.org

DFI is also really expensive..

Gerry_W said:
I've heard of a 483 MHz FSB with the Gigabyte DS3, and it's $50 or so cheaper than a P5W DH. Plus, people have been having trouble so far running Conroe on that mobo; ASUS hasn't released a Conroe-supporting revision yet, I think. A lot of tweaking needs to be done.

Oh, I definitly agree, I dont kwno if the revision was really tested, etc. I think ASUS jsut wanted to have a conroe board out ASAP. From what Ive been hearing ASUS has been relying on their name, and skimping a bit on the QC.. Still good boards tho.

Anyways. I would suggest that anyone wait till the release of Conroe when more boards will be released that are revised to properly work with Conroe. As you said, this one wasnt really revised. Gigabyte/DFI/ECS/ASUS/MSI will all have stuff out probably at the begining of next month...

(I hope)

And this is from XtremeSystems
Conroe Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom