2.8GHZ beat by a 900MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Supply can be the root of a whole lot of problems. But I know I have a good PSU, so that might or might not be the case for you.

I really can't say, its a totally weird problem. Our newer systems are obviously many times powerful than our older ones; Twice as fast processor, 3x the memory, and a faster HDD in my case.

Weird.

its likely to be drivers for something, it nearly always is.
failing that. reinstall windows, defragment and all that and remove any uneeded programs.
failing that still then look into power supply issues or CPU running at right clock speed ect but if you dont fully know what your doing that could be fatal for your computer.

start with drivers for absolutely everything you can think of and get them updated if possible , old ones could also be out of date.

Intel chips always load XP slower at startup. My Socket 478 Prescott with 2 gigs of Corsair runs the startup bar 12 times. My AMD 3500+ socket 939 on runs the windows startup bar once!! I believe it has to do wiht the way XP prefetches the progrms at OS load. AMD platforms load XP much faster but when XP is loaded I see no performance differences other than in gaming mood. It is a good question and I would like an answer myself!!

AnthraX said:
How very helpful you are. :)

I would check you startup programs (run > msconfig) and make sure nothing out of the ordinary is running.

Im sorry I was just in the mood :D

Im good now...im good...

Its called idiocy. Each processor/computer/setup/combination is different. It would take you years to figure out why it does what it does. Not to mention by the time you figure that recent batch out, you have a whole other batch to figure out casue technology upgrades so fast. Then you have another OS to figure out as well.

LoL, anyways, download CPU-Z it will tell you how fast your CPU is clocking at, you can also check various programs from AMD ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom