My new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatesyX

In Runtime
Right so heres a list of what mny system will hopefully be, any sugestions would be apreciated

ABIT KN8-SLI,nForce4 SLI, Socket-939, ATX, 4xSATAII, PCI-Ex16
OCZ Powersupply450W 120mm Fan, SATA, 20/24pin
Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 16MB
DabsValue 7600GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-E DVI
Corsair PC3200 512MB CAS2.5 x 2
BenQ 19" Benq FP91G+ 8ms TFT
not sure what cpu to get , was thinking 4400 x2

everything looks good...

i would wait a week or so for the AMD price drops. you'll save at least $100 on the cpu. the 4400+ is a good choice. it would be a better idea to switch to 2gigs of ram... also, i think you should switch to socket AM2.. pretty much the same price, but you'll be able to upgrade it if you wish when AMD releases their 65nm cores. if you don't ever plan on upgrading, then you can leave it like that since price/performance is pretty much the same. also, if you switch to socket am2, you'll have to switch to DDR2 ram..

i was going for 939 cuz i already have 512 ram,, i dont need 2 gigs of ram for the amount of gamin ill be doin,, i was thinkin though should i wait for intells new chip and whats the deal with dx10cards

IrishNinjaX said:
i was going for 939 cuz i already have 512 ram,, i dont need 2 gigs of ram for the amount of gamin ill be doin,, i was thinkin though should i wait for intells new chip and whats the deal with dx10cards

If you don't plan to doing extensive gaming, you shouldn't worry about the DX10 compliant cards; they are more geared toward hardcore gamers. On the Conroe question, I think that getting the cheap X6300 ($200) would serve you for a LLLOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG time, but you will need to change your motherboard and memory to DDR2, preferably PC2 6400 from a reliable brand like OCZ.

thanks for the info, seems liek now is a very bad time to get a new system , maybe ill wait for the conroe cores to come out,, dd2 seems really expensive still, and jaysus its cas latencys are high

just get the AMD 4400 x2 mate, it will be perfect for you by the sounds of it.
My 4200 x2 runs everything with ease, nothing seems to "tax" it:D

thanks, im deffinatly thinkin of it when the price drops at the end of the month, i should do me fer a while anyways, i just hate getting something that expensive when i hear theres new better stuff comin in a fw weeks yaknow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom