New Computer (gaming) and Upping My Current One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
1)Ok Im looking to get a second computer (gaming/high-end) and am willing to spend about $2,600 USD, Im living in Canada (B.C) so any help on what I can get (peices/complete-rig/etc..) would be nice. (tigerdirect.ca is one I've found so far):p I'd like the computer to have enough or more then enough power/speed etc. to play latest games (Battlefield2/Fear/FPS+RTS+MMORPG in general).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)My current Computer can play (on high) WoW/Lineage2/Battlefield2/GuildWars/DawnOfWar/..games like that (except CityOfVillains..wont play high). anyhow Im looking to upgrade this one abit to help it as it sometimes lags on me.
-
comp: Compaq
Operating Sys: Microsoft Windows Xp Home
CPU: AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12x200) 3400+
Sys Memory: 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Vid. Card: Radeon X850 XT AGP 256mb
Moniter: ViewSonic VA172b
Audio: SiS 7012 Audio Devide

how much canadian dollars are you looking to spend on your rig? you put it in US dollars...

and as for your compaq.. i don't see any way to improve it.. maybe add 1 gig of ram.. you already have a great vid card.. they don't have dual core for socket 754 so thats pretty much the best cpu you can get... so ya.. add 1gig of ram (won't be a drastic improvement) and thats about it.

edit: oh and just wondering... would you like to buy your computer parts from a local store? or would you prefer to buy out-of-province and save the PST?

Canadian it can be about 3,000. the parts im looking to get for the new computer can be from anywere as long as its not at rip-off prices (out of province if needed). posted 2700 as some ppl find it easier to calculate in US then CDN. thx for reply so far.

The prices are approximate and are in USD.

CPU: Intel Conroe E6600 -- $340
Memory: 2 gigs of OCZ Platinum Ram (PC2 6400) -- $180
Motherboard: Intel "Bad Axe" Motherboard -- $240
GPU: nVidia 7950GX2 -- $550
Case: CoolerMaster CM Stacker 830 -- $230
PSU: OCZ PowerStream 600W SLI -- $160
Sound Card: X-Fi XtremeMusic -- $115
Hard Drive: Western Digital 250GB Hard Drive (16mb Cache) -- $90
Monitor: Viewsonic VX2025 -- $350
Speakers: Logitech Z5300E -- $150
Mouse: Logitech G5 -- $50
Keyboard: Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse -- $50

That should get you started. I am planning to get a system almost exactly like this one soon. It comes out to a little less than $2500. The rest can be for shipping, etc, etc...

any idea whats a good site to get these parts from, I wouldnt mind ordering from newegg but they dont ship to canada, but Tiger is good for most parts. thx for rig given so far, it helps to see what i might be able to start w/ or use. Is this setup any good for faster gaming or is it same as current one.

good build by spartan. no need to get such an expensive case. you'll have to wait a bit before core duo is released.. and wait a bit more for it to be released in canada.

here are some local computer stores.. you can shop around. tigerdirect isn't always the best place to get stuff.. but they do sometimes have great rebates.. so be sure to check all the places out..

www.cancomputer.com
www.anitec.ca
www.ncix.com (they do price matching.. also, if you subsribe to their newsletter, you get much better pricing.. the prices on their site is expensive..)
www.a-power.com

and out of province..

www.canadacomputers.com

how long will it take for the duo to be released? times not much a factor as I have alot of time to waste and current computer is doing ok for now.

-edit-
ok am now able to spend more as I got more money then I thought so any improvement I can get? (to play fast good graphics if possible) can spend up to $3600 CDN

lol thats way too much to spend on a computer...

as you're in PG buy yourself a good pair of snow shoes :p

i went to UNBC for 1 year... its was alright, there wasn't much snow, it was really cold tho.. and busses were on strike :( doesn't help i made AP.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom