next paycheck. worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
ok well right now i have a 7800gt pny card should i go ahead and save my 120$ or spend it on anther 7800 to sli them. or just not even worth 100-120$ to do it at all

im not looking to wait or spend alot more. i am looking to spend 100 or so on a card and i figure sli will be more efficeient for the price as i do not see a reason in spendng 400$ for somthing that will be old news in a matter of weeks. also i am deploying for boot by the end of the year. and i havent been using my computer much lately i work most of the time trying to save up for a car and money for after the Corp. i only use my computer for research and lan parties when i go. also i aready have an sli board. does the other card have to be the exact same brand and stuff? like i ant have a PNY then get an XFX card too? may be a dumb question but i think it qualifies as a legitimate question too

I personally think you wouldn't see that much difference in frame rate if you SLI'd them... now you might want ot save and go up one or more... 7900GT or GTX... the new cards aren't even close to being out yet...

if you have an AMD system you might want to look into upgrading that... the prices are getting ready to dorp BIG come the 24th...

the reason i wanted to get sli is so that i can take my graphic settings up a notch like in Oblivion and things like that. so i would notice more of a performance increase by getting a 7900gt instead of having 2 7800gts?

It sounds like you are really wanting to go SLI, and for all reasons, if you don't have time to wait around, save and stuff, SLI those things for that cheap! I would. Of course you may not see a HUGE difference as if you would if you bought a 7900gt, but since it costs more than you have, go for it. If I were you and had the extra cash for 1 more, I would go for it! Plus higher resolution gameplay! :)

::-Chase-::

æArchOAngelæ said:
yeah. im also getting a a 20 inch widescreen so the resolution will be higher.

The higher the resolution, the more impact you will see from a multi-GPU solution like SLI. At that resolution of 1680*1050 (ESPECIALLY on Oblivion), you might atually want to go SLI.

Yup, do it. Go SLI, it is a great move since you are going higher res. As long as that is what you want to do go SLI. If you do, hope you enjoy them!

::-Chase-::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom