GeForce 6200 or GeForce 7600GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

icu222much

Solid State Member
Aloha !

I was wondering which video card is better for the buck:

ASUS GEFORCE 6200 TURBOCACHE PCI-E 256MB DDR DVI TV-OUT (EN6200TC256/TD/64) -- $60.00 Cnd

ASUS GEFORCE 7600GS PCI-E 256MB GDDR3 DVI TV-OUT SLI (EN7600GS SILENT/HTD/256M) -- $160 Cnd

I noticed there is a hundred dollars difference between the cards so i'm assuming the 7600GS is going to be much much better. I'm just wondering why ? Does it have newer technology or does it process things much quicker ? I'm also wondering if both of these cards will be able to handle FPSs such as Call of Duty and softwares such as Final Cut and 3D Studio ?

Thanks, Jon

I dont know much about The 7600 but i do know that it has the new SLI technology unlike the 6200. If you're building an SLI PC, (using two video cards at once), then you should get the 7600.It also has new technologies from NVIDIA like Ultrashadow 2 and PureVideo. You can go to www.nvidia.com to read more about the video cards and what technologies they have.

I know for a fact that both cards can run basically any FPS. Not sure about Final Cut, but i know that the 7600 can run 3D Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom