Rethinking monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
zdude255 said:
I ordered a 20.1" LCD from dell made by ViewSonic and I like it a lot because it has 1600x1200 naitive resolution.

Anything else you like about it, because ALL non-widescreen 20" LCDs have that resolution.

sumik said:
k< for $400 canadian u won't get top of line monitor so u gotta get that's best for the buck. I think ACER AL2016w 20" Is the best choice. Both for gaming and Movies cuz it's widescreen, games look better. It has 8ms response time, so it's pretty fast. It's cheap, under $400. So stop looking and go out and buy one.

And guys, don't say u loose height with Widescreen, cuz u throw back any potential widescreen buyers. At least explain why u loose it. And maybe u could put in that there's 20'' Widescreen and they'll b as high as your 19'' square.

ummm haha i think that they can figure out that the loss of height translates to a wider screen... i think its pretty clear that with widescreens the screens are wider... and i did say that a 20 inch would make up for some of that

the one gerry suggested looks great
this one...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001226

i dont know if it fits your price tho... might go a little over, but if you turn out to be okay with the price and you decide on a regular rather than a widescreen then go for that one...

its still not clear to me whether you want a widescreen or a normal...

but yeat the one he suggested will be great for movies and, as far as decently prices 20"s go, good for games, but if you want a moniotr that is great for games then you shouldnt really go bigger than 17"

sumik said:
Actually 20'' widescreen is a little higher than 18" but a little lower than 19''. U won't see big difference, and u get wider screen too.

Actually, surprisingly, I looked up the screen height for the Viewsonic VX2025 (great 20.1" widescreen, by the way; this is what I was intending to go with) and it was .75 inches less than this monitor. Strange, but go figure.

actually guys, you'd be surprised at what price you can find the monitors at. actually, there is a monitor, (19" samsung) that i saw on newegg, that i can get for less here (and that is WITHOUT conversion, just regular numbers). after i do some searching i can find it for <400 canadian, so dont worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom