Conroe Mobo, buying now

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkS1d3 said:
If not, then is Abit a quality company to go with regardless?

Simply put, no. My personal experience with them is they have trouble all the time. I talked to a guy at my local computer shop and he said when they stocked Abit, they would sell them, and the next day they'd come right back in to replace/refund them.

I've heard things like that about Abit, and was wondering, thanks for clearing that up.. I guess I'll probably just end up waiting a few weeks and hope for the best..

buy ur family a $200 computer and sit tight

I should have explained my situation a little better.. right now we have a Gateway and need to have 2 computers... the Gateway will be relegated to family use, and I will be in control of the new build. lol, and I won't let viruses and stuff get on there .. in other words family won't touch this one really. (guess I didn't explain that well at all, my fault)

Thanks for the input everyone.

I've heard things like that about Abit, and was wondering, thanks for clearing that up.. I guess I'll probably just end up waiting a few weeks and hope for the best..

buy ur family a $200 computer and sit tight

I should have explained my situation a little better.. right now we have a Gateway and need to have 2 computers... the Gateway will be relegated to family use, and I will be in control of the new build. lol, and I won't let viruses and stuff get on there .. in other words family won't touch this one really. (guess I didn't explain that well at all, my fault)

Thanks for the input everyone.

Edit: Snake-Eyes.. isn't that an Abit mobo in your sig? Seems odd you wouldn't recommend them.. ?

Snake-Eyes said:
Simply put, no. My personal experience with them is they have trouble all the time. I talked to a guy at my local computer shop and he said when they stocked Abit, they would sell them, and the next day they'd come right back in to replace/refund them.

Hey, you have the same motherboard as me! Rare, with this one. What kind of problems have you had with it, I know I've had my fair share.

Yea, Abit isn't what it used to be. Their products aren't as good anymore, and this AV8 has put me through all kinds of H*ll. Maybe its just the VIA chipset, heard bad things about them too.

There are some very cheap Conroe-supporting motherboards out there;

Linky.

I'm not saying that they're total crap, just that they're not up to par with the other major motherboard makers.

DarkS1d3 said:
Snake-Eyes.. isn't that an Abit mobo in your sig? Seems odd you wouldn't recommend them.. ?

See, you only know that i have one. For one, i've had this computer for a year and a half, and it's my second mobo. The first one (same as the one i currently have), the I/O part got completely fried. This one i'm using, the network port is fried, so i've got a PCI network card in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom