DDR2 800Mhz 2gb of ram, which and where?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Alright, so i'm mainly concernd about:

I Want to buy two sticks of 1gb on 800mhz DDR2 platform, I Don't want those crazy latencies [5-5-5-15], I'd rather have something like 4-4-4-12 or 10.

My price range is up to 240$ or less.

I've seen those G.Skills' but its been said they don't work with AM2, I DO NOT want to need to RMA them to be re-configured for AM2, I want ones that'll nativley work with it.

Generaly I'm supposed to get an E6600 conroe and a conroe mobo with an intel chipset that usualy works with all rams, BUT since im on a time limit and can't wait further on from the 1'st in August for conroe to be released, I might be forced to buy an AM2 x2 instead.......

so which ram to buy? and which store? I didnt see anything that I know for sure that'll work in a normal price range on Newegg..

-Jo.

obviusly you haven't read whatI said =\ I could find these kind of timings myself : CL 5-5-5-10 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) and CL 5-5-5-12 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) ...

I don't want crazy 5 CAS latencies.. =\ I even wrote it above... any other thoughts though? :S

-Jo

kk the patriot one seems cool, how does the mail in rebate works btw? I Order the part, pay full price and when its deliverd they deliver it with the rebate??

-Jo.

Some of the AM2 boards can only support 1.9v - so if you want CAS4, it depends on the board - Cas4 uses at least 2.0v.

well then i'll make sure its a 2.0~2.1v supportive mobo, but which memory? I Don't want to take risks that it won't work with the mobo.

anyway I might not buy an AM2 just because all the mainstream CPUs dont have SSE4 and im not confined with SSE3...

-Jo.

Yoad said:
kk the patriot one seems cool, how does the mail in rebate works btw? I Order the part, pay full price and when its deliverd they deliver it with the rebate??

-Jo.

Nah, easier than that. On the page, the rebate amount is a link to a pdf file. Open it up and fill out the form. WHen you get the memory, send the UPC code on the box along with the rebate form and ur done. ;)

so wait AFTER i recieve the ram i gotta mail them a form and only then they send me money? [or just refund my bank account?]

because I am only at the U.S. till the 20'th-25'th of august....and considering i'll be ordering @ the 1'th to the 7'th i wont have time to wait an extra week fora rebate.

-Jo.

yep when you mail the reciept and upc offpackage they'll eventually get around to mailing you a rebate check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom