Power Supply recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostino

Baseband Member
I've read a number of reviews/articles on PSUs and I thought I would post up here to get some recommendations from you all.

I had a pc built by cyberpowerpc.com, don't ask me why, I know now that I probably shouldnt have.

Anyway, the PSU just died after about 2 months. It was a Raidmax rx450k (450 watt). Definitely not the PSU I would've chosen but they didn't specify which they would be using and I didn't want to pay much extra for a PSU of a wattage I probably didn't need.

I have an ASUS P5WD2-E mobo, 3.73 GHz Pentium EE Dual-Core, nvidia Geforce 7900GT, 2 optical drives, and the X-FI Platinum soundcard with front bay unit.

I'm lookin for a good ATX12V PSU (preferably version 2.0+) and 400+ watts.

It would be nice to find one that is available at microcenter.com or compusa.com so I could just go to the store and buy it and not wait for processing and shipping.

I contacted cyberpowerpc today about possibly replacing the PSU under warranty but if I have to send in my PC or wait long, I'm just going to replace it myself.

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I saw the Truepower II line and was considerin it. I know Antec is a good brand. I'll check it out. I may get that one at Best Buy. It's more expensive there but i have a give card for that amount so it's like gettin one free.

I'll see what's up and if there are any other recs, I'm open to them.

I'm also waiting for cyberpower to respond about what they are willing to do. If they will only send me another raidmax, it's no deal and I'll buy my own.

I'm in Virginia. There is a microcenter about 4 miles away from me.

I was going to ask NeedAcpu if gettin the Antec Truepower 2.0 550watt might also be feasible since Microcenter doesn't offer the 480watt. It's only $10 more than the CompUSA he linked.

Aspire, I'll look up the Seasonic. Thanks a lot.

Just buy it from petras

they ship quickly and youll get in a couple days

be patient, and youll save some cash

Would it be harmful to get the Seasonic 600watt? Or just not beneficial because I wouldn't be using it to its potential?

It would just be a waste of money. And besides, petrastechsho has it for 20 bucks less than microcenter. And you wouldnt be paying tax on it either.

So yeah... If you want to get the 600 get if from petras. In my opinion its a waste for what your running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom