xbox 360 benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
Please read before you move it!

Whenever explaining your pc to people who dont know that much about computers, they are almost sure to ask you, "Does it run better than the xbox 360?" And its really annoying when you say yes and they (for whatever reason) believe that to be impossible. I just want a good, comparable benchmark, like a 3dmark score or any solid benchmark directly comparable to a pc.

Superiority is one of the most gratifying effects of system-building, which is why i posted this here, adndnot in the xbox gaming section.

And, i know there are dvd benchmarks out there, but, who cares? I want gaming benchmarks, like fps and whatnot.

If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

(and, ps, im not saying that my pc runs better than a 360.)

Well, if it's possible to get linux running on an XBox, I'm sure it's possible to get a 3Dmark on an XBox 360.

It would be difficult at best. Even if modders get the 360 to run linux or serious programs, it won't be apples to apples.

You can read this article: http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/11/09/elder_scrolls_4_int/2.html

where some Oblivion designers discuss the differences. My guess would be to try to get as close to the same settings as an Xbox game (resolution, shader, etc...) and try to compare framerates.

I believe you would need to know someone with an Xbox dev kit or in game development. I have a sibling working for Bungie and I know they discuss framerates et al on the 360 and are privy to that information.

Yup.

Regardless--a modded xbox running a synethic benchmark doesn't really tell him much. It tells him how good the hardware is inside the xbox, not how good the console is at playing high-end games.

It saddens me when people think that Xbox 360 surpasses any and all graphics cards. I've seen Oblivion run on it in 1080i, and it is NOT very smooth. In some places, it can easily drop to about 20 frames per second. 720p is probably better, though.

Orayn said:
It saddens me when people think that Xbox 360 surpasses any and all graphics cards. I've seen Oblivion run on it in 1080i, and it is NOT very smooth. In some places, it can easily drop to about 20 frames per second. 720p is probably better, though.

My friend plays it on 1080i. It can get a little choppy sometimes outside, but then Oblivion also eats PCs alive at any high resolutions. My X1900XT can't handle it at 1600*1200 resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom