OUTLOOK 2007 BETA - DUDE! Where's My Emails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Last week I did a format and re-install of my main computer. I am currently using Outlook 2007 Beta.

I did the normal export to a PST file. However when I restored, the only thing that i can see it my Message Headers. I open up an email or reply to an email, the message body is no longer there.

I have also noticed that new email are being downloaded, but again, only the header is being visable. No message body.

Any one else have this problem?
Any way that I can get my old message bodies back?
More importantly, is there any way that i can get my new message bodies to show?

have you tried your pst's on a different pc just to make sure they are no corrupted? You will need to use the original since they arent backwards compatiable...atleast they arent in the older versions

Warez Monster said:
have you tried your pst's on a different pc just to make sure they are no corrupted? You will need to use the original since they arent backwards compatiable...atleast they arent in the older versions
I am going to try that. Otherwise if I messed up my email, oh well, at least i got a back up of my contact on my PDA.

Okay, I just removed 2k7 and replaced with 2k3.
Imported my email back and every thing is there.

Since my emails are rather important to me, I think I might just wait until the working version of Outlook 2007 comes avalable before I install that again.

Lession Learnt :- If you really value your data, don't mess around with Beta versions

Hence the "Beta" after "Office 2007". Beta software is for testing only and should not be used in a business enviornment where everything is important.

SHAWN said:
Hence the "Beta" after "Office 2007". Beta software is for testing only and should not be used in a business enviornment where everything is important.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom