Baseband Member
hi guys..
which one do you think is better?
I'm getting a memory..
a dual channel 2x256 MB pc3200 ddr400
or
a singel channel 512 MB pc3200 ddr 400
tx

lol....almost the same question as another tonight....

This would be better overall

a dual channel 2x256 MB pc3200 ddr400

unless you plan on upgrading very soon to another 512 and then 2 512 in dual channel would be very good. ive got 4 256 sticks of corsair xms pc3200 cl2 and it runs very quick at least for what i do.

Dual Channel 2x256 all the way!

Unless you plan on upgrading soon, as jblaze725 said.

well..
I know that dual channel is better.
I wanna buy 2x512 dual channel..
but it's so expensive...
dat's I'm asking if the dual channel of 2x256 is better than singel channel of 512.
ok..tx for reply..

There is an advantage to running dual channel, but running your RAM in dual channel mode is not going to be a huge improvement. It's not a day and night difference. If i'm not mistaken, I think you only get about a 5% increase in efficiency of data transfer.

Bottom line is this:
If you plan on having dual 512MB sticks down the road, then buy one 512 now.
If 512MB of RAM is all you want, then buy 2 sticks of 256 and run it in dual channel. :)

definitely a dual channel, u should check out one of my posts one day :D

its like a highway... u would want a two lane instead of a single lane rite? same logic for a dual channel... if one lane gets clogged up by the traffic, the other lane would still work and thus ur com would still be running at half its efficiency which is better than nth :D

No, dual channel means each chip will supply data both in and out, as opposed to single channel where both chips will only allow data to flow through as opposed to multidirectional.

Think of it as a highway, instead of a single lane road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom