summer = frozen comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshonen8899

In Runtime
i havent used my computer in a month so i really cant tell wuts rong with it
i remember that rite wen i came home from a vacation i tried to rip cds with my comp but itd freeze
then every other cpu demanding task would also start to freeze my comp
one day after becoming frustrated by the continuous freezes, i open up my bios to see my cpu on 70 degrees celcius

holy cow
is this because of summer or is sumthing else rong with my computer?
its idleing at 45 degrees wen its normal idle is 25-30
the fact that i cant leave my computer on for large amounts of time and running cpu or chipset whoring programs is starting to get to me
are any of you guys suffering the same way i am?
i was thinking that downclocking it my work but i tried downclocking and it resulted in a large amount of opening up the computer
if theres a way to fix this, please let me know

loving ur help
- theshonen

Have you double checked to make sure your heatsink and fan are working correctly. Blow some air on them to get the dust out, maybe that'll help.

Possibly get some Arctic Silver thermal compound.

What processor are you running?

yeah i salvaged my cpu from an hp
the guys on this forum told me it was better than my 2800
i mustve been blowing dust off into the heatsink for 20 minutes before coming on this forum so thats not helping too well
i alrdy running on artic silver but im using the fan that came with the cpu
i dont think i can upgrade it since im planning on upgrading my comp sumtime in the future

have you tried reseating your cpu?? maybe someone used it while you were away.. downloaded some crap thats doing it.. or are you sure its restarting because of heat??

its restarting cuz of heat
i just applied a new coat of artic silver 5 and it got down to 38/58
sure it helped alot but...i broke the clip on the motherboard while taking the fan off...
i tied it back together with catamount but chances are im going to need a new fan...
arg
do u guys think burning in helps?

What do you mean burning in? Are you talking about running programs that constantly stress the CPU like Prime95? In that case no it won't help. When you apply AS5 you have to let it go through thermal cycles (cool off and heat up). The best thing is to get a whole new heatsink and fan. Get a Zalman so that when you upgrade you can still use it and it will still be a beast of a cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom