Raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Wow. I just received my logitech G15 keyboard and seagate 320gb 16mb cache 7200rpm hd from newegg....

Anyway....I already had 2 160gb seagates......so I backed my stuff up...set up the 2 in a RAID 0 array and reinstalled windows xp.

And OMG I never knew the difference. The windows xp loading bar only gets to about 3-4 of those square thingies before it finishes...and applications load VERY quickly.

If anyone is considering a RAID setup...I highly recommend it. I hear people complain about increased heat and so maybe they'll fail or something...but my thermaltake soprano case has a 120mm intake fan that blows right over the 2 drives in the array and they are always cool to the touch.

I've dedicated my RAID array drives to my OS, games, and applications, and my 320gb single HD for media and general storage.

i get 4 bars now with my 250gb 16mb cache without raid.. and its very nice.. i didnt think the cache would make such a huge difference.. its very nice.. i hope to go raid sometime soon.. nice to see people letting people know these kinda things, exactly what we need for people who may be interested.. thanks to you, i may very well be sold because of your confidently made post =P

yeah and my seagates are 8mb cache i think. the 320gb single is 16mb.

So if you bought another identical HD you'd have 32mb cache and a shitload of bandwidth!! :)

who needs a raptor... when you can get to 250gb 16mb cache hard drives?!?!?! oh how i'd love those load times!!

oh and 1 question.. with raid 0 it combines the 2 hdd's space?

you need a raptor when your obsessed with speed like me 2x74gb raptors 16mb cache in raid 0 sounds good to me in about a week or 2

mmm Raid 0 is awesome :) And yes it adds up the smallest hdd size x2. So if it was 2 80GB hdd's, you would get 160. If it was 1 120GB and 1 300GB you would only get 240

By four bars, do you mean the little blue thing goes by four times?

It goes by 2 1/2 times on my IDE drive. :)

well I just reformatted like yesterday and with my raptor and it never gets to go by once...

but normally its like 4 and 5 cuase im to lazy to change and disable all the crap in the boot path...

(I will now)

CrazeD said:
By four bars, do you mean the little blue thing goes by four times?

It goes by 2 1/2 times on my IDE drive. :)

no....as it's loading the little blue blocks move through the loading bar.....and by 3-4 bars i mean that's all it shows.....it makes maybe 1/3 of a pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom