Help with new WoW system

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya.. drop that watercooling for sure.. you really don't need it... get more ram.. and if possibly like i previously said.. get a better graphics card.. better future proof yourself so you want have to upgrade for another game later on

Ya, get a dual-core, its what I have, Also I run off of air cooling, I may be getting another fan or two but that is it, right now all my stuff runs on stock cooling at about 30-40 C

Oh and BTW, I suggest downloading PC Probe, it owns for monitoring your MB and CPU temp, however it doesnt show GPU temp, anyone know a program that does that?

Everest, RivaTuner, and if you have nVidia, their control panel can monitor GPU temperatures. RivaTuner is the best for monitoring the temperatures imo, because it has a graph that shows how the temperature rises and falls over time.

I have recommended there system to some friends (before I knew about the Ibuypower review). But im glad I didnt read the review because from experience from what my friends say it works great, here is a spec AFTER S&H.

Case ( Coolermaster Ammo-533 Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply )

Case Lighting ( Neon Light Blue )

Power Supply ( ** iBUYPOWER Recommended ** NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply )

Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 3800+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )

Free Software/Game ( Free Game - [Age of Empires III] with purchase of any AMD Athlon-64 X2 or Mobile Turion based system )

Free Software/Game ( Free Drive - [1GB USB Flash Drive] with purchase of any AMD Athlon-64 X2 or Mobile Turion based system )

Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )

Motherboard ( eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB )

Memory ( 2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )

Video Card ( Nvidia Geforce 7900GT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )

Hard Drive ( [Special !!!] 200 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache] )

CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive)

Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )

Speaker System ( 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )

Fax Modem ( Creative Labs V.92 56K Fax/Modem )

Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )

Floppy Drive ( Mitsumi 1.44 MB Internal Floppy Drive Black )

Keyboard ( Logitech Deluxe Keyboard Black )

Mouse ( Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black )

Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Black )

Operation System ( [Special !!] MS Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 )

Wireless Network Adapter ( [Special !!!] Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter )

Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )

Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

Ok this will run you $1354.16 exactly (you can take out some stuff if you want but that is the price). I got this price because I typed in a special code in the coupon code entry (the place where it asks you to ship to, the code is all capitalized IBUYPOWER. Hope this helps, also if you are willing to build yourself I would recommend that aslo, although this is a good site from what I have been TOLD from people I KNOW.

haahahah weell your freind just got owned:laughing:

That PSU is really really bad :)

How long as he had it now?

Works very good for him, though that is not the exact spec he got, i was just helping the OP with a build, though my friend has the same psu and it works just fine, np whatsoever. He has had it for quite awhile now actually. If it were to break they would replace it anyhow, which does not look like is going to happen.

What would be the better value on the RAM?
1024MB Corsair XMS

or

2048 Corsair Value for 83 dollars more?

Is the XMS that noticably different from the Value?

Oop sorry didnt get the post at first, get the 2gb, will be much better then 1gb even though the other ram is better, though it is only really better if you plan on overclocking anyway. Get the 2gb of ram no doubt.

Well, I ended up with the following from www.abspc.com

ASUS Mobo
Athlon 64 Dual core 3800
eVGA GeForce 7900GT
1024MB Corsair XMS
320GB Seagate Barracuda
550W Antec supply
Thermaltake Tsunami case
Thermaltake fans
Onboard sound (will upgrade later)

Status
Not open for further replies.