CPU to match my GPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
Hello ive done as much research as i could about matching your cpu to get the best performance out of you gpu. I understand that your cpu can be decent enough to get the max performance out of your gpu.

My question is, i will buy a X1800XT 256mb pci express gpu and i want to know what cpu will give me the maximum performance out of this video card. I do not want to buy a cpu that will only give me half of what this gpu can do. Dual core is out of the question, for me. And i want soemthing around 100 or so if possible.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102008

I was thinking a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice possibly? But i have doubts about it being able to fufill my needs. (being able to give me the max performance out of my video card)

This will be running on a Asus Pci Express mobo socket 939 also with 1 gb or ram.

Any comments are appreciated,
Thank You.

There is no need to find a CPU that will give you max performance out of your GPU..... Any CPU that you could purchase from a brick & mortar store, or an online NEW IN BOX retailer, will be fine... The bottleneck is the GPU itself, and the interface between the CPU & GPU....

So, yes, ANY Socket 939 or AM2 CPU that you get would 'give full potential of GPU'

thats not nec. true...

i'm sure if i put a 7800gs in my k6 500mhz it won't run that great..

the gpu and cpu do different things.. so the processor you get won't really affect the gpu's performance.. as long as its in the 3000+ and over range, you should be ok.

BUT an even faster CPU will help in game loading times, and other things, so you will always gain from spending more on a fast CPU.

aliasaid said:
thats not nec. true...

i'm sure if i put a 7800gs in my k6 500mhz it won't run that great..

the gpu and cpu do different things.. so the processor you get won't really affect the gpu's performance.. as long as its in the 3000+ and over range, you should be ok.

I know, that is why I specified that any CPU that could be purchased at a reputable retailer would be more than suitable... I HIGHLY doubt 500Mhz K6 CPU's are commonplace NEW IN BOX.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom