DVD-Rom/Cd-writer Causing 100% CPU Usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulyx

Solid State Member
Guys ,

I bought one of those dvd drives (that burn cds) model (sony)CRX-320A for my mom awhile ago.
Now she bought a dvd-r drive of her own, and i decided i should put this one on my computer.

It booted fine, it detected normally.

But as soon as windows starts up, and that balloon pops up in the lower right corner, saying "New hardware detected: Dvd Rom", the CPU usage sky rockets to 100 % and the PC is pratically frozen.
With me having to pull the power cable for me to be able to turn it off.

After i removed the drive, everything went back to normal..

I emailed sony , and being the crappy company they are , They didn't said anything useful or helpful. So i decided to post here to see if anyone could help me.

Would you guys know what's causing this ?
And if you do, what should i do to resolve this problem ?

Thanks guys.
Paulo.

Install the drivers again.

If you install the drivers and windows treats it as a newly 'detected' device everytime you reboot, those drivers or that drive is bad.

Ok.
(i'm not much experienced in this)
But let me see of i got it straight,

I have to re-install the drivers, because
if i installed a new dvd-drive
but the drivers are different,
windows is going to assume that dvd-drive is wrong ?

Yes, if you had a DVD drive in there already then install a NEW one, your machine will be confused.

I suggest uninstalling the driver in your Device Manager, then installing the DVD drivers from the Disk you got with the drive.

Well
i had a Cd-burner before.
That's why i'm thinking this is strange.

I just tested it
the PC gets to slow for me to even open the device manager and try to unninstal the driver.

And there's also another problem.
It says here that this Dvd-rom drive doesnt need drivers.
(Because windows' are good enough)
and in the installation CD theres only applications and no drivers.

When it starts, (i opened the Task manager) and in the process stabs i saw that "services.exe" was using 75-99% of the cpu.

Should i try doing it on safe-mode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom