Random Lockups! **NEED HELP!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

czGLoRy

Solid State Member
Ok, sO ive tried just about everything I can think of to fix this. Ive been having random lockups running any full-screen application (mostly games). The game will freeze, repeat a sound constantly and rapidly, then i have to hit alt-tab windows key ctrl+alt+dlt to minimize and go back. This happens a LOT.

Now, Ive tried everything I can think of. I have fully scanned with several online virus scans, scanned with adaware spybot windows defender, pc-cillin security suite and more, most I found was a couple of bad cookies.
(no router, drivers up to date)
I have tried everything I can think of to fix this, but Im asking for any type of help anyone can offer! I will try anything to fix this. Thank you so much for trying to help and reading this!

is your comp over heating?
what os are u using?
are your game settings higher than your comp can support?
does the computer actually freeze... or just the game?
are you using any hacks or [strange patches] for the games?
have you tried re-installing the games?
what other apps cause the freezing?

Comps not overheating that I know of, but mbm5 says all ~30*
speedfan says: Temp1: 35 Temp2: 42 Temp3: 55 HD: 49 (celc)

, games using medium settings on few year old games
no hacks or patches
I tried reformating, didnt help.
mostly Warcraft III, Condition zero, counter strike, css, and doom 3.

Hard to describe, but ill be playing a game, the picture will freeze with a sound repeating, I cant alt tab or anything for about 10-30 seconds, then I get back and im close to being disconnected on wc3
(when you freeze/lag it counts down)

could be a slow internet connection... but as for the over heating... try removing the side panels from the computer and place a large fan next to it... if the freezing stops... then you have found your problem.

Seria said:
could be a slow internet connection... but as for the over heating... try removing the side panels from the computer and place a large fan next to it... if the freezing stops... then you have found your problem.

believe it or not ive tried that, I had a HUGE fan blowing right into it and it still froze. My internet connection actually doubled in speed recently, so I don't think thats it as I never had any problem like this before. BTW: I really appreciate you trying to help, thanks a ton!

could be a currupt driver, either sound or video. Try removing both these drivers then reinstalling known good drivers i.e. driver you were using before these problems started happening.

im amazed no one has mentioned a memtest yet,,,, dude google memtest and make an iso or floppy disc, boot it and it will scan your ram,, leave it for a couple of hours,, each ram stick at a time and see if you get errors, or you could borrow a friends ram or something to rule out what sticks are damaged

Ive tried the drivers, twice, and ive also reformatted :(

I will try memtest didnt think of that. thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom