New graphics card and misc cooling for system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sccrbrandon4788

Beta member
I am looking for a graphics card that I can play most racing, fps, and sports games with. I have a 2.66 Ghz P4 overclocked to 2.97 Ghz, 512mb of DDR400 memory, my mobo is and ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, and I have a 580W power supply. So again I need a graphics card, but also I need a good airflow case and a CPU heatsink and fan. Thanks for any input.

get another 512mb stick to total 1gig; which is minimum for good performance nowadays. (2gigs optimal).

as for video card, that all depends on your budget. looks like you have AGP, so you're sorta limited... but ya.. what is your gpu budget?

first of all i have AGP and PCI slots....budget ~$200. cant i use the PCI slot? whats the difference between the PCI and the PCI-E you have?

PCI-E is designed for video cards, you cannot put a PCI-E card into PCI, won't fit nor work, AGP is the older model, less video cards available, and the video cards available are not always the b est.

it doesnt have to be perfect for gaming, i play a few games. i am mainly concerned with overheating. i have a crap video card now and it overheats fast, i dont see how spending more than $200 will help any if im not hardcore into DOOM and other hi-res games. i can upgrade to 1 GB of memory so thats not a problem, i know about that. is there a decent graphics card for my AGP mobo or do i need to change everything?

In my honest opinion, it is a complete and utter waste of your time with anything less than a 6800GT.

Infact, it's a complete waste of time even bothering with AGP these days. I know not everyone has lots of money, and that is fine. SAVE your money until you have enough to buy something worth your while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom