Slow Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
Hi my computer has suddenly started to be really slow to shut down it takes about 2 mins to shut down. it has only just started doing it it is not a major problem but i just thought that if someone else has had a similar prob and maybe how to solve it then it would help cheers .

slow shut downs are normaly due to programs that hang in the back ground, so if you see something thats running and shouldnt be, get rid of it or uninstall it. bad registry values can also lead to a slow shut down, so a reg cleaner.

Dramatically improve menu speeds and application and system shutdown/restart speeds

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

HungAppTimeout=4000 Delay before a hung application is allowed to terminate (each 1000 = 1 sec)

WaitToKillAppTimeout=4000 Delay before windows finally starts to shutdown (each 1000 = 1 sec)

MenuShowDelay=20 Delay before a menu pops open. (each 1000 = 1 sec)

AutoEndTasks=1 Automatically closes running applications when Windows shuts down.

thx to you all i now have a fast shut down time cheers ste 4 telling me bout regedit i have done that and u too king x 13 i have used the reg cleaner and i think thats done the trick

The User Profile Hive Cleanup Service (the link curtcheese posted) also helps release RAM once a program is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom