Processor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginer005

Beta member
Hey, I'm planning on building a computer this summer but I'm stuck between 2 processors. The first one is made by AMD and has both a higher bus and clock speed and is more expensive, but the other one is duel core and made by intel... I'm just woundering which one is better. I don't do much gaming but I do usually have a lot of programs open. (ie: firefox, outlook, AIM, photoshop etc.)Here are the links... Thank

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1366613

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1424107

none to be honest, they both are not very good ones, in a week or two the Conroes will be out, you would be able to get a decent dual core from either intel [the conroes..] or from AMD [the x2's which will drop prices]

For multitasking, dual cores only!!

-Jo.

well the amd ppl are gonna say amd and the intel ppl are gonna say intel, untill it comes to you saying you multi task alot cuz most ppl agree that intel has been the better of the 2 for multi tasking and having alot of apps open. so in a way you can look at it like, good gaming rig = amd, good program, apps rig = intel.

also amd doesnt have a "bus" really, there bus speeds are far lower then intels on systems that do have a bus but they have that hypertransport thing they got going which acts differently then a bus on an intel system. an amd bus speed is somewhere like 533 ish on most system where intel is on 1024 i believe, not exect numbers just off the top of my head, but then amds hypertransport is like 2000.

King X13 said:
well the amd ppl are gonna say amd and the intel ppl are gonna say intel, untill it comes to you saying you multi task alot cuz most ppl agree that intel has been the better of the 2 for multi tasking and having alot of apps open. so in a way you can look at it like, good gaming rig = amd, good program, apps rig = intel.

also amd doesnt have a "bus" really, there bus speeds are far lower then intels on systems that do have a bus but they have that hypertransport thing they got going which acts differently then a bus on an intel system. an amd bus speed is somewhere like 533 ish on most system where intel is on 1024 i believe, not exect numbers just off the top of my head, but then amds hypertransport is like 2000.

what are you on about dude?

AMD CPUs are both better for gaming and multitasking against the current Intel cpus... also this place is made mostly of Nvidia and AMD Fanboys that will say amd almost anytime

Thing is the NEW Intel CPUs that aren't widley released YET are much better than nowdays AMD CPUs in both gaming and multitasking.

what you wrote there was half nonsense and half mumble jumble [didnt make any sense to me anyway] =\ not to flame but if you dont have a clue then you dont HAVE to reply. :confused:

lol flaming about opinions is pretty funny. you gave me a chuckle yoad. so thats why i wont even reply lol.

no pun intended but that just made no sense and half of it wasn't even true... :s

-Jo.

Yoad i'm sure you have more important things to think about, like hizbollah rockets in your back yard.

What happens on July 24??? o_O

EDIT: Ok, stupid question. Answer: "AMD has big price cuts on their Athlon64 X2 dual core processors."

The reply rather is "Why? How do you know?"

to reply yourquestion above, why? Becuase new chips are coming out hence the prices of the old chips drops.

how do I know? AMD Has released an official chart showing the cpus prices after the price cuts

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom