Rethinking monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt have great reviews. i was considering it, and i can get it for a REALLY low price.

guys i need some concrete answers here, i got enough suggestions and picks of my own, i now need to know which is best to get (for gaming and movies)

its not a question of what kind of monitor i want, its QUALITY im looking for. if it happens to be widescreen, SURE ill go with it. again, my parameters

1) for gaming

2) for movies

3) under $400 Canadian.

i listed some alreayd, i think on page 1, mayb eu can help pick from there.

^ Not really. Most of us have TVs for watching movies; I'd rather have a normal monitor for gaming. With widescreen, you lose a lot of height. Actually, John, I'm in the same situation as you. I found this samsung monitor. Seems pretty nice, judging by the reviews. Some say the viewing angle gets in the way a little because it's large, but it seems very nice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001226

k< for $400 canadian u won't get top of line monitor so u gotta get that's best for the buck. I think ACER AL2016w 20" Is the best choice. Both for gaming and Movies cuz it's widescreen, games look better. It has 8ms response time, so it's pretty fast. It's cheap, under $400. So stop looking and go out and buy one.

And guys, don't say u loose height with Widescreen, cuz u throw back any potential widescreen buyers. At least explain why u loose it. And maybe u could put in that there's 20'' Widescreen and they'll b as high as your 19'' square.

Meh. I don't think Acer monitors are that great. I was going to go widescreen, but then I realized a 20.1" widescreen would be shorter in height than my 18" monitor. So I thought "WTF? I'm getting ripped off." That's why I'm going with a regular 19" or 20".

Actually 20'' widescreen is a little higher than 18" but a little lower than 19''. U won't see big difference, and u get wider screen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom