ASPIRE X-Navigator ?Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
Hey im looking at this case with this power supply, its a ASPIRE X-Navigator and it comes with a 500 watt power supply. Ive had a aspire case with a 350 watt power supply for a long time now and many people told me it was a shitty power supply but i have had it for almost 3 years now & no problems. So i can say i trust Aspire. But my question is this power supply good?

My system will include a 7900gt.

Heres the link, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144164

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Go for companies like Antec, Thermaltake, FSP Group, OCZ, Enermax. Thats just a couple, theres more. Also look up the power supplies specs and see if it meets the requirements of your video card.

Yeah, i would like to go with Antec but the Antec case w/power supply is like a $20 difference than the Aspire case w/power supply. I know Antec is very reliable. But i could really use that extra $20. I am on a tight budget on this one.

Ok I looked up the specs on the power supply and a 7900 gt. I compared the cheapest 7900 gt on newegg by xfx which requires a 400w psu with 26a on the 12v rail. Your psu puts out 16a on one rail and 18a on the other. Now I dont think they combine to put out a total of 30a which would be more than enough so it definatly wouldnt work. The only think I personally know that can happen from a underpowered video card is horrible framerates. I would spend the extra $20 now and not have to spend $70 or more later for a decent powersupply good enough to handle that 7900 gt.

wtf...

No video card requires 26 amps off one rail...

My system's psu pushes one 16 amp rail and one 17 amp rail on the 12v line

I love it when people cheap out on PSU's:p

and its even funnier when it blows up and takes evreything with it after 3 months:laughing:

No im not trying to ''cheap out'' on a psu CHIEF, im wanting to know if it is indeed a cheap psu. If so i will nto buy it. Sorry to steal your thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom